Have innovative arts programming in your school with a MOCHA teaching artist. Our programs provide students of all ages opportunities to build their creative, academic, and social skills through in-depth, hands-on visual arts.
Our teaching artists design and implement age appropriate and engaging art lessons for the classroom setting. We collaborate with your staff to create curriculum to fit the needs of your school.
Days & Times
- MOCHA provides in-school, after school, and summer residencies.
- Length of residencies can last from a few weeks to an entire school year.
- Residency costs are based on the length of the residency as well as the number of sessions per classroom.
- Art residencies provide opportunities for educators and students to immerse themselves in various media, techniques and projects that they may not otherwise be exposed to, such as: clay, sculpture, print-making, book arts, and collaborative works of art, to name a few.
- We incorporate the following art education tools: Teaching for Understanding, Making Learning Visible and Studio Habits of Mind.
- Lessons are typically centered around a specific topic and can be customized to highlight a class project or curriculum unit that may support language arts, social science, science and mathematics curricula and are tied to the California State Visual Art Standards.
- MOCHA supports students with limited abilities to express a range of ideas and emotions.
- Students participating in MOCHA programs gain skills in: constructive communication, creative and critical thinking, confidence and collaboration.
510.465.8770 ext. 102