MOCHA will host 2021 Camp for everyone!
Safety & Hygiene Guidelines
We will update according to the policies dictated by ACPHD.
- Students will be segmented into groups of no more than 12 children per room; non-siblings or non-bubble campers will be spaced out at a minimum of six (6) feet apart.
- Each group of children will not be allowed to intermingle with other groups.
- We offer staggering lunch and break schedules for each group.
- Adults will be asked to form a line outside of the building during pick-up and drop-off; no more than two adults can pick-up/drop-off a child(ren); we will require and place marks indicating a minimum of six-foot spacing between families.
- Everyone entering the facility is asked to wear a face covering.
- Each child or siblings will have their own personal art supply kit to use during camp; art supplies will not be shared.
- Children will be asked to wash or sanitize their hands every hour.
- Students will be asked to sanitize or wash their hands for 20 seconds, every hour.
- Staff, Teaching Artists, and volunteers are required to wash their hands for 20 seconds, every hour.
- MOCHA will provide hand-sanitizer for adults and children to use when they enter the building.
- The rooms, restrooms, and other high touch spaces will be disinfected every two hours.
- The students spend most breaks and lunches outdoors. We have an adequate ventilation system in our suite; filters are frequently changed and filtration systems are being checked regularly to ensure optimal air quality. MOCHA staff frequently air out our spaces by keeping facility doors open intermittently. Staff are using disinfectant wipes to clean high-touch areas frequently; we do not use disinfectant sprays while children are present. Although high-touch spaces are frequently disinfected, thorough cleaning is not done when children are in the facility.
Measures to Protect Employee and Campers Health
- All employees have been told not to come to work if sick.
- No person may be a member of more than one Childcare or Youth Extracurricular Activity Unit during any two-week period.
- Please keep your children at home if they are sick.
- Touchless symptom checks are being conducted before employees and campers may enter MOCHA at 1221 Broadway, LL-49, Oakland, 94612. If your camper is ill, they can participate in most of our camps virtually and supplies will be mailed to your home.
- Employees and campers are required to wear face coverings.
- We provide contactless payment, registration, and check-in/out systems or, if not feasible, we sanitize payment registration, or check-in/out systems regularly.
- Campers should bring their own lunch, snacks, and reusable water bottle.