MOCHA will host 2020 Summer Camp!
Safety & Hygiene Guidelines
as of May 6, 2020 (We will update according to the policies dictated by ACPHD.)
- Students will be segmented into groups of no more than 12 children per room; non-siblings will be spaced out at a minimum of six (6) feet apart.
- Each group of children will not be allowed to intermingle with other groups.
- We offer staggering lunch and break schedules for each group.
- Adults will be asked to form a line outside of the building during pick-up and drop-off; no more than two adults can pick-up/drop-off a child(ren); we will require and place marks indicating a minimum of six-foot spacing between families.
- Everyone entering the facility is asked to wear a face covering.
- Each child or siblings will have their own personal art supply kit to use during camp; art supplies will not be shared.
- Children will be asked to wash their hands every two hours.
- Students will be asked to wash their hands for 20 seconds, every two hours.
- Staff, Teaching Artists, and volunteers are required to wash their hands for 20 seconds, every two hours.
- MOCHA will provide hand-sanitizer for adults and children to use when they enter the building. We have two public sinks for students and parents to use. Additionally, Classroom room has three sinks and both restrooms each have two sinks. All sinks are accompanied by soap dispensers.
- The rooms, restrooms, and other high touch spaces will be disinfected every two hours.
Measures to Protect Employee and Campers Health
- All employees have been told not to come to work if sick.
- Please keep your children at home if they are sick.
- Touchless symptom checks are being conducted before employees and campers may enter MOCHA at 1221 Broadway, LL-49, Oakland, 94612. If your camper is ill, they can participate in most of our camps virtually and supplies will be mailed to your home.
- Employees and campers are required to wear face coverings, as appropriate.
- Break rooms, bathrooms, and other common areas are being disinfected frequently, on the following schedule:
☒ Break rooms: every two hours
☒ Bathrooms: every two hours
☒ Other (Classrooms and common areas): every two hours
- We provide contactless payment, registration, and check-in/out systems or, if not feasible, we sanitize payment registration, or check-in/out systems regularly.
- Campers should bring their own lunch, snacks, and reusable water bottle.
- Due to all of the strict guidelines required by the government, MOCHA will not provide snacks or drinks for camp; we do have a water dispenser that will be disinfected after each use and assistance will be provided to our campers who have physical limitations.